Follow Me

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

The Boat Song

I really like JJ Heller. I discovered her music a few years ago and have liked her ever since. She recently put out a lullaby album ("I Dream of You") with songs that she wrote for her daughters, Lucy and Nora. While I like JJ Heller, I haven't really paid much attention to her music... at least I haven't been intentional about seeking it out recently. Two of my friends, Beth-Anne and Kristin and their husbands are big JJ Heller fans, so they are always sharing her stuff on Facebook. The other day, I discovered this song... And I thought of Brian. I love the word pictures that JJ paints in her music, and this song is no exception. I have been walking around singing it all day. I shared it with Brian a few days ago, and yesterday he told me he was listening to it, so I guess I'm not the only mushy one!


No comments:

Post a Comment